Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Alice

On our way to Alice Springs we stopped at The Devils Marbles, a heap of large round rocks lying about as if a giant had just finished playing with them, quite amazing really. It was an attractive setting there, and you can camp there too.
Garry finds his lost marbles

Alice Springs came as a bit of a surprise. I was expecting a dry, dusty sort of a place, but found it to be green and quite leafy. And cold too after the heat of the northern places we had been to.
I dragged Garry to the Pioneering Women's Museum and Old Gaol, where much to his surprise he found it really interesting, as did I. Their slogan is History is Her Story, very appropriate I thought.

One day we explored the West Macdonnell Ranges, visiting more gorges and involving more climbing of bloody hills to lookouts. I must be getting fit soon surely!






No comments:

Post a Comment